Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cravings

Interesting. Today I have been reviewing my life over the past couple of weeks and I see a pattern. I'm totally attracted to any scent of coconut and pineapple or anything 'tropically'; I bought Ginger & Coconut hand soap, and am trying out the new automatic AirWick scent machine in the lovely Hawaiian Kaloko-Honokohau  flavor. While walking through the Mall two weeks ago I got sucked into the Hollister store by the scent that they project in their entrance. (And no, the large picture advertisement of the handsome young man in his swimsuit had NOTHING to do with it!).

 I scored buying another Hawaiian shirt at my favorite consignment shop, and wore 2 Hawaiian shirts to work this week plus two Hawaiian tshirts on days off. I haven’t worn “real” shoes in over a week, relishing that the weather is nice enough that I can wear the few flip flops that I packed when I moved.
at Chapman Reservoir last year
I have been practicing the ukulele a lot, trying to get my fingers back into the toughness they need. I took a few lessons while in Hawaii with my Mom and hubby last year, and found I really enjoy it. They are very portable, and it gives me something to work on musically since I don’t have my keyboards down here with me.

 While shopping at WalMart the other night, I got excited to find a few tropical print fabrics. I need to return to get a yard of the turquoise Honu (Sea Turtle) print I found, I think it will be the answer to what I’ve searched for to make a cover for my travel pillow. Yesterday my Mom made my day, calling me to tell me she was sending me some fabric that she found while in Kona, plus some remnants from projects that she has sewn while over there this year.

I didn't put all this together until today. I have long known that I am a beach girl at my core, which is why my screen name here is StrandedBeachBunny. I always crave anything tropical and dream about the day I can stick my toes in the ocean again. I just don’t know why it has suddenly become this strong in my life. Maybe when stressed my heart returns to its true home?!  Maybe this is all like “comfort food” for my troubled soul?

I think I'll go make a pina colada and sit and think about it in the sunshine. Except the only palm trees I know of here in Grand Junction are at Hooters! Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment