Sunday, February 19, 2012

Catching Up

It has been on my heart for some time to revive my blog, and I’ve procrastinated long enough. It’s time for updates on our life, and on the new journey upon which we embarked on New Year’s Day 2012. Many entries will be forthcoming sharing stories and adventures. But for now, it’s time to catch up.

2011 brought many changes to our life. We found ourselves out of work, which eventually encouraged us to really look at where we were, where we wanted to be, what we wanted to do. Things weren’t coming together for us in our hometown of Craig, CO. We considered work in the cold of North Dakota, and dreamed of being in the tropical climate of Florida. But we kept returning to Grand Junction, CO in our mind and hearts. We lived there once before, and loved the slightly milder climate, the businesses, and job opportunities; all while remaining close enough to our families that we could visit occasionally.

In early December we journeyed there to look into a job for Ty, who planned to investigate a trucking position. We went in our motor home and stayed at the campground we often have visited over the past few years. While in their office, I happened to ask if they had any job openings. Surprisingly, there WAS an opportunity coming available in January. Upon returning to our coach I emailed my resume to the owners, and was delighted when they asked if we could do an interview the following morning. Our visit with them went well, and I was offered a workamping position.

Our new life began, appropriately, on New Year’s Day, when we finished loading essentials and our pets into our motor home and moved to Grand Junction. I began work at Junction West RV Park on January 2nd. In following entries I’ll explain workamping in more detail, and I’ll share all kinds of fun stuff that we are learning about the RV lifestyle, and about each other. I hope you’ll come along with me as our story unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment