Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Peculiar


Today I’m going to take a poll. How many of you have felt you were different than other people? Has anybody ever been told that you were weird?

Yeah, me too! I’m right there with you. Just look at me. I may live in Colorado, but I wear Hawaiian shirts and flip flops as often as I can. I constantly challenge nature by growing tropical plants. And, in case anyone still doubts my “weirdness”, I am a goat farmer! A little strange? Yep! Weird? Definitely!

Have you ever wondered what God thinks of you? I have. What does he think of all of us?

I found my answer in many verses in the Bible, but many had a common word – “Peculiar”. Yeah, really! In books such as Exodus, Deuteronomy, Titus, 1 Peter, God’s word says we are PECULIAR!

And, no, He’s not just talking about me, He’s talking about all of us!

Let me share 1 Peter 2:9 with you:

“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” (KJV)

In the NIV, the wording has been updated to read: “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light”.

In this verse God is telling us that we are a people set apart, belonging to God, a chosen people. Why? Well, it says that we are to declare the praises of Him! Our praise time to the Lord is not meant to be a drudgery, just a duty or obligation, something we have to do. It’s a privilege to praise the Lord. As Nike says …. Just Do It!

No comments:

Post a Comment