Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rain In Me


Yesterday I had the pleasure of watching our grandson play in a puddle. He is almost two, and was happily stomping his little blue-clog-clad feet in the water. It reminded me of myself at that age. My rainy day play was immortalized by a newspaper photographer who happened along to snap this photo of me with my raincoat and umbrella.

On rainy days I often think of a favorite song by Dennis Jernigan … “Rain (Reign) In Me”. Many don’t know it because it is older, and not on Christian radio now, but the words are as relevant now as the day they were written. Allow me to share them with you … maybe they will become your prayer, as they have mine.

I need Your presence Lord

Like a desert needs a great downpour

I need Your presence Lord

Like the thirsty need the rain

I need to be with You

Like a walk in rain soaked through and through
For You bring peace it's true

Like the sound of falling rain


Rain Your life on me Almighty God

Rain on me and take me where You are

Rain in me and wash me white as snow

Rain in me my Father, flood my soul

Rain in me


You come surprising me

Like a sudden rain come over me

But that's alright You see

Lord I do enjoy the rain

My Father fall on me

With Your sweet refreshing melody

Raindrops of love on me

Like the sound of falling rain

No comments:

Post a Comment